As an #AwesomeAdmin you already know that Salesforce is an incredibly powerful tool that helps businesses of all sizes manage hundreds of mission-critical processes. Because of its complexity, however, there are often challenges when it comes to Salesforce org management and maintenance. In any given day there are limitless factors that a Salesforce Admin has to contend with in order to manage a Salesforce org effectively. But if you’re doing all of this work using manual processes you are doing yourself a disservice.
That’s why we created Metazoa Snapshot, the first org management solution designed specifically for Salesforce. Over the years, Snapshot has grown into the industry’s most comprehensive toolset for org management, relational data migration, org documentation, technical debt removal, and profile and permission set management. And to make things even better, we recently introduced Smart Deploy functionality that automates hundreds of Salesforce org management tasks. With the introduction of Smart Deploy, busy administrators can now see problems when they occur and instantly launch deployment tools to resolve those issues automatically.
According to Dale Zeigler, Salesforce Consultant & MVP, “Snapshot has saved me hours just on time spent to capture an org snapshot compared to other tools. Other tools I use have been clunky and incredibly vulnerable to crashing or timing out. Snapshot works flawlessly, regardless of the size of the org.”
Some of Snapshot’s key features and benefits include:
- Technical debt removal: Automatically helps you get unruly, unkempt metadata under control.
- Security and Compliance: Over 40 reports that help ensure security and compliance.
- Change and Release Management: Powerful tools that help Salesforce Administrators manage the change and release process
- User Stories: Gives Salesforce administrators a window into org sprints, enabling them to manage metadata conflicts without the need for software developers.
- Continuous Integration: Connect and synchronize any Salesforce Org, content repository, or project folder. Integrations are triggered by metadata differences or recent deployments.
- Salesforce DX: We’ve aligned Snapshot with the Salesforce modern developer experience, making it easy to populate projects, connect Dev Hubs, create Scratch Orgs, push and pull source, and edit asset files.
- Metadata Deployments: Manage large migrations with difference reports, Apex tests, XML transformations, missing reference removal, and automatic roll-back.
- Visual Desktops: Drag and drop deployment pipelines, Right-click to schedule backups, deploy metadata, export reports, and even share custom desktops.
- Workflow Automation: Any report, backup, or deployment can be scheduled as a one-time or recurring event.
“We use Snapshot nearly every day to move configurations across orgs,” says Propel PLM Director of Professional Services September Higham. “We use Snapshot to move custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, email templates, process builders, and much more. We have saved literally tens of thousands of dollars in consultant time since we purchased Snapshot. Our ROI is huge. I highly recommend this app!”
With Snapshot, you can forget about code. This powerful platform helps Salesforce professionals conquer complex orgs with easy to use, drag and drop tools. And with its new Smart Deploy functionality, Snapshot now offers:
- Field Usage Report Automation: This report analyzes selected objects and generates comprehensive information on usage for each field. The number of empty values, the number of distinct values, the field creation and modification dates, and all compliance information is displayed. With Smart Deploy, users can automatically delete or deploy these objects.
- Forgotten Assets Report: This report allows users to select dozens of metadata types to discover which ones are inactive, disconnected, no longer in use, or not properly configured. Smart Deploy lets users delete or deploy assets at the push of a button.
- View Profiles and Permission Sets: The view profiles and permission sets interface has powerful tools that enable the bulk editing of profiles and permission sets. Users can edit the permissions for Apex class accesses, Apex page accesses, application visibility, custom metadata, external data sources, field permissions, flow accesses, layout assignments, object permissions, record type visibility, tab visibility, user permissions and custom permissions. With Smart Deploy, users can instantly deploy these changes.
“Snapshot provides tremendous value in managing our Salesforce customization. The ability to promote changes of both custom and standard objects from sandbox to our production environment is simply invaluable,” added CRM Administrator Patrick Schiffli.
With Snapshot, it has never been easier to manage the change and release process, visualize and reduce complexity, improve security and compliance, and lower the total cost of org ownership. You are already and #AwesomeAdmin, but we are here to make you even better. It’s what we do!